Wonderful Wales


I've just had a fantastic weekend in Wales visiting my old friend Tracey who I met at Chester College many years ago and her lovely family. I took this chocolate and banana cake from The Cake Scoffer. it travels extremely well and survived the train journey from Manchester to Machynlleth unscathed.


We spent Saturday in lovely Aberystwyth. It was my first visit to the town. We had a delicious lunch at the Blue Creek Cafe. The cafe had soya milk, a decent selction of veggie options and the staff said they were happy to veganise any of the vegetarian options. Two old fashioned sweet shops have just opened in the town so Tracey, her daughter Zoe and I had fun choosing sweets from the many, many jars on offer. We were spolit for choice but in the end decided on roobarb and custards and sweet peanuts. Mmm.



We had a good mooch round the museum and of course the shops. The museum was packed full of interesting objects and is housed in an old theatre and there are some great independent gift and clothes shops. I could have spent a fortune in any the 3 Pollys shops and Her Dandy Wolf but managed to only make the purchase above. It was reduced from £45 to £10 and is lovely thick cotton and double lined with a net underskirt too so it sticks out 50s style. Perfect for the Baby Shower I'm hosting for my sister next weekend. We met up with Chris and other daughter Keira and finished up the day at the Wasabi Japanese restaurant with big dishes of yummy noodles.

Comments

  1. I'm so jealous! I was born in Aberystwyth, I love the place! I didn't get to visit the town this time around when I visited, even though my dad lives really close. Next time I'm definitely going to go to Blue Creek and Wasabi, dad was telling me about them actually, and how nice those places are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you are from there. I was really taken with the place and didn't want to leave. My friends have invited me back for October for the lantern parade in Machnylleth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Aberystwyth and Machynlleth. I used to live in Aber - I miss the sea! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe