Vegan Grocery Shopping in Manchester


I am so lucky to live in a town where there are good vegan food shopping options. In the city centre there are several streets of Chinese, Thai and Japanese supermarkets in the Chinatown area.


On my way home from work, in the heart of student land, there is the long established Eighth Day Health food shop which is run as a co-operative and all items are vegetarian or vegan. They have a whole aisle of chocolate and are good for raw food items too.


I live at the end of the Curry Mile in Rusholme so there are several great value Asian grocers in amongst the cafes and restaurants.


A bus ride away in my old neighbourhood of Chorlton is the Unicorn Grocery. The Unicorn is also a co-op which has grown and grown over the years and could now be described as a vegan supermarket! They also have the best shopping bags around which you can compost after they've worn out. Parsnips on Tour is one of my favourites.




The little bags are perfect for packed lunches. For several years they got customers to take photos of the bags in different locations around the world and these photos are displayed at the till points. My sister and I took one of a bag hanging off the Berlin Wall!



Comments

  1. Shopping on Manchester is cheap or costly? One of my friend told it is very high costly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. shopping hub joint network

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe