The Bear


Manchester Vegans are lucky in that we also have West Yorkshire a short train ride away which is a very vegan friendly area with establishments like the wonderful Dandelion and Burdock in the town of Sowerby Bridge, numerous veggie friendly places in Hebden Bridge and The Bear Cafe in Todmorden. It was The Bear we headed to for lunch yesterday and to celebrate the birthdays of 2 MVSers, Lynmarie and Jen.


I was so busy catching up with folks I forgot to take any pictures of food! The menu is 100% vegetarian with about 40% of it vegan. There were lots of tasty stews on offer as well as salads and lighter lunches like my grilled tomatoes on toast with miso spread. I followed that up with an oaty chocolate and cherry slice and a hot ginger and pear drink. The Bear is run as a co-op and there is a great healthfood shop on the ground floor. It's worth a walk round the town too for the charity shops, second hand book shop and a treasure trove of an antiques shop that is right next door.

I loved this 3 tier wooden cake stand - isn't it fab! Unfortunately, I had to talk myself out of it though as at £35 it's just too long til payday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe