Pear and Almond Muffins

A friend at work brought me a bag of apples and pears from her parents garden the other day. The pears were just getting ripe and you know what pears are like, you have to use them just at the right moment or they're quickly over ripe. So as soon as I spotted these looking ready to eat, I whipped these up. I'm really into snacking on almonds at the moment and these smelled soooo good when they were cooking. I think the apples are going to be made into chutney, I'm just searching around for the right recipe. I love a bit of chutney on a veggie sausage butty.

Pear and Almond Muffins

Makes 12

Ingredients

1 cup of soya milk

1 teaspoon of cider vinegar

1 ¾ cups of plain flour

2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder

½ teaspoon of salt

¾ cup of caster sugar

½ cup of sunflower oil

2 teaspoons of almond extract

1 cup of pear diced into little cubes (about 2-3 pears)

1 cup of flaked almonds


Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 400 F / Gas 6

Add the vinegar to the milk in a bowl. Whisk and set aside.

In a separate bowl sieve the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and stir well.

Make a well in the middle and then pour in the milk mixture, oil and almond extract and give it a few stirs.

As it starts to combine fold in the pear and almonds. Stir until it just comes together, don't over mix.

Divide the batter into the muffin cases.

Bake for 20-22 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.

Comments

  1. I love almonds and pears in baked goods, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for a Liebster award, details on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo, stop stealing all my peeps to nominate. ;) I will also be nominating you for a Liebster award, details on my blog later today. ;)

    That sounds like a really yummy combination. I haven't used pears in baked goods like that before really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm getting too fat just looking at all this delishishness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! I just love pears. I'll have to make this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo, I hardly ever used pears in baked goods but I want to buy some just to make these muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look and sound delicious and I LOVE your plate.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe