Vampire Friendly Hummus

I've been going through my recipes to rejuvenate my packed lunches, now that I'll be making them for my sister too. Came across this flavoured hummus that I've not made for a while. It's a great one for using up lemons. I always buy unwaxed lemons for baking recipes where the zest is needed but only ever seem to find them in bags not sold as single lemons and they end up hanging around in the fruit bowl for ages unless they make it into a gin and tonic! What's a bit different about this one is that there is no garlic! The secret ingredient is the boullion powder. I can't take any credit for the recipe as it was on a Gillian McKeith recipe card I picked up in a Holland and Barretts a few years ago.

Lemon and Coriander Hummus

Can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons of tahini
Finely grated zest of a lemon
Freshly squeezed juice of a lemon
1 tablespoon of organic boullion (stock) powder
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons of cold water
3 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves

Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend.

Comments

  1. Hummus is the best! I love adding beetroot to it. It turns bright pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe for hummous that uses peanut butter instead of tahini - havent tried it out yet, but might make some for CLF and bake a loaf to go with it, if it doesnt turn out totally weird.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe