Trying out new recipes

Here's a couple of bloggers that are new to me, although I know they've been around for a while. I think I came across them by following links from other bloggers posts but I can't remember where now! The Happy Herbivore has several cookery books to her name and I decided to treat myself to a copy of Happy Herbivore - Light and Lean. I've liked everything I've made so far. The recipes are clear and simple and come together fast. Everything is calorie counted and the emphasis is on fresh, low fat, low sugar food made with mainly wholefood ingredients.


Alongside the steamed asparagus and broccoli on this plate there are burgers and a sweet potato salad from the book. I also made the granola from the book which contains peanut butter and apple sauce. It was softer in texture than other granola I've made but really nice.


Another recent 'new to me blogger' is Vegan Richa. This was my version of her Quinoa, Cauliflower, Collard Bowl with Almond, Siracha Sauce. My version where I subbed the siracha for a mild sweet chilli sauce and the collards for broccoli and asparagus may not be a photogenic as Richa's but it tasted amazing and was the perfect quick, yet indulgent Friday night after work tea with a nice big glass of chilled white wine.


I've no photographs but I've also made Vegan Richa's Spiced Apple Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce twice now and it is divine. Check out the recipe here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe