Vegan Life Issue 6

Issue Six of Vegan Life could be subtitled the protein issue. I thought that this was a great idea to focus on protein especially for new vegans or those considering changing to a plant based diet. There's lots of great recipes featuring tofu, tempeh and seitan as well as beans and seeds. The magazine even features the Smokehouse Chickpeas recipe from Salad Samurai that you might have spotted in my last post.


It also featured this Well Dressed Tofu Bowl from The Great Vegan Protein Book. I'd not been aware of this book but seeing as it's by two great vegan cookbook writers - Celine Steen and Tasmin Noyes, I'm really glad to have discovered it. I love bowls like this. They are pretty quick to prepare but you feel like you're having a fancy treat. The tofu is coated in a sauce made from peanut butter that is flavoured with rice vinegar, lemon, miso, garlic and sesame oil and is delicious.

As well as the recipes I also enjoyed reading articles about some inspiring people ranging from a vegan athletes to a mother and daughter who run a not for profit home made dog biscuit business raising thousands of pounds for animal charities. I usually make a cake recipe from each issue but there's no big cake recipe this time however there's some lovely sounding Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies that are definitely on my to do list especially as they can be made gluten free if you use gluten free oats. Has anyone else made any recipes from this issue?

Comments

  1. I got a copy free in my goody bag from The Great Yorkshire Vegan Festival. I read issue 1 and didn't like it, but I enjoyed this issue. The smokehouse chickpea recipe looks good. And I use to work with Sarah, who makes the dog biscuits and used to buy her daughter's biscuits for my Dad's dogs, they are both amazing and just put on a fundraising event in Bolton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a copy free in my goody bag from The Great Yorkshire Vegan Festival. I read issue 1 and didn't like it, but I enjoyed this issue. The smokehouse chickpea recipe looks good. And I use to work with Sarah, who makes the dog biscuits and used to buy her daughter's biscuits for my Dad's dogs, they are both amazing and just put on a fundraising event in Bolton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool you know them Amy! Definitely give the smoked chickpeas a go, really easy and a nice new way to eat them.

      Delete
  3. I'd be really interested to read that issue (again!) Sounds like it would be handy to have a copy of the magazine on hand so when people ask any particularly daft questions, you can just hand one over and say 'read this, then we'll talk'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe